Your E-Mail List is Your Online Business
Your e-mail list IS your internet business …
* Your prospects that you're trying to sell to
* Your customers that you can sell to again and again
I'm reminded of the importance of list building by listening to Mike Filsaime speak on a recording today. I did not know it before, but he was the guy who actually coined the phrase "For every subscriber to your e-mail list, you should be able to make $ 1 per month."
Where's Your Focus?
Which brings me to this question … Where's your focus?
You might be a high roller internet marketer or blogger or not … If you're one of those guys who are struggling at this thing and you think it's impossible (even a scam), ask yourself, …
* How big is my e-mail list?
* How much time do I put into growing my list?
* How much time do I put into making sure my list is warm?
* How much time do I put into reworking my old auto-responder messages?
* How much time do I spend building a relationship with and giving to my list?
* Have I been doing all I can to drive traffic to my opt-in?
* Is my freebie good enough to ethically bribe a visitor into opt-in to my list?
* Do I ever study how to increase my opt-in conversion rate?
* Do I even have an auto-responder service like aweber?
In the recording this morning, I also heard Mike Filsaime say that if he had to start all over, the # 1 thing he would do first is focus on building and nurturing and squeezing every last pennies out of his e-mail list.
That's "The How and Why" You Make Money
This wisdom does not just come from studying marketing like a rabid squirrel.
The-money-is-in-the-list has also been my experience. The only money I made before I started my e-mail lists were through AdSense clicks. A few dollars here, a few dollars there. A prospect comes and goes (vanishing forever).
If you have an opt-in on your page, you can capture that visitor and make him / her a customer for life. Okay …
Besides having customers for life, prospects do not normally buy on the first look at a sales page. It generally takes up to 3 or more looks before a person buys. With an e-mail list, you can offer your product more than once and influence it to buy everything you can sell over the lifespan of your business.